Submit YOUR ideas here!

Send your party ideas to:
supercelebrations@kidspartydirectory.co.za
and stand in line to win!

17 Mar 2009

Hot Wheels Racing Party - 4 years

Boys & Cars!
My son used to carry as many cars as possible in his two little hands. There was even a time that the cars would go to bed with him, and he didn’t seem to mind rolling over them in the middle of the night! When he reached the age of 4, the car madness was at its peak and so a Racing Party was the obvious choice! The computer is definitely a great help when planning a party, and I don’t know how I could do my children’s parties without it! I made the invitations on the computer, as well as “VIP pit-passes” for each child. I also scanned some pictures of cars from my son’s colouring books and then printed them out for the kids to colour in. We had the party at the local race track and of course the dads were very keen to come to this party! To decorate we used red, back and white balloons all over the clubhouse and we used “hot wheels” plates, cups and serviettes. In keeping with the theme, we used some of my son’s bigger cars as “centre-pieces” for the snacks.
We have tried over the years to have the parties close to lunch time, so that we can have “proper” food to eat. We decided to braai various kinds of sausage to suite almost all diets. The “boerewors rolls” were a hit and we have done this almost every year since then. The cake was a yellow racing car (my son’s favourite colour), and as much as I’d like to take credit for the cake I can’t, as I’ve always been too scared to make my childrens cakes – thank goodness for cake businesses! To keep the kids entertained when the cars weren’t racing, we had wheelbarrow races (the moms/dads pushed their kids) and this was a huge hit, the kids couldn’t get enough (poor parents!). We also had black bikes and other ride-on’s for the kids. When it was finally time to go home, each child got their party box (that my son had helped me to pack) filled with goodies and an in-expensive car. The cars I found at Game, and they were sold in packs of 12 for less than R5 per car! Needless to say everyone had a great day at the race-track!
Bernadine - CAPE TOWN

No comments:

Kids Party Directory's Fan Box